If the voicemail on your iPhone isn't working, there are a few basic troubleshooting methods you may try to get it working again.Most people nowadays take the iPhone's visual voicemail for granted, yet it was once one of the most compelling reasons to choose iOS over Android. Only the iPhone used to allow you see a list of incoming messages without having to listen to them all one by one.
If your iPhone's Voicemail isn't Working, Here's What you Should do.
Make sure your iPhone's voicemail is set up.
This may seem self-evident, but you should double-check that your iPhone's voicemail is configured correctly.
1. Open the Phone app on your phone.
2. At the bottom of the screen, tap the Voicemail tab.
3. Tap Set Up Now if it hasn't been set up yet (or if it needs to be set up again). Create a voicemail password and choose or record a greeting by following the instructions.
Is there a Default Greeting? Ensure you're using the personalised greeting.
It's simple to fix.
1. Open the Phone app and go to the bottom of the screen to the Voicemail tab.
2. On the upper left of the screen, tap Greeting.
3. On the Greeting screen, a tick for Default or Custom should appear. Tap Custom if it's currently set to Default.
4. Tap Play to see a preview of the greeting. Hit Record, talk, and then tap Stop when you're finished to record a new greeting.
5. Press the Save button.
Check to See if Call Forwarding is Enabled.
One of the most common causes that's why is my voicemail not working is because you set up call forwarding and forgot to turn it off at some point in the past.
1. Open the Settings application.
2. Press the Phone button.
3. Select Call Forwarding from the drop-down menu.
4. Check the status of your call forwarding on the Call Forwarding page. Swipe the button to the left to disable call forwarding if it is enabled.